Have you ever seen a hairstyle you liked so much but it didn’t look right on you? You probably thought it was because of your hair type and/or color was different from the picture or the person who was wearing the style. The real reason is because everybody has a different face shape. Yes, I know isn’t that crazy?!?!
There are several different face shapes such as;
- Oval Shapes are the perfect face shape for all hairstyles. It balances both vertical and horizontal hairstyles.
- Round Shapes are a perfect circle. Angular hairstyles with volume at the top and decrease the volume on the sides will look appealing with this face shape.
- Square Shapes are equal in width and length with strong jaw line. Soft hairstyles which frames the forehead is flattering for this face shape.
- Rectangle Shapes has prominent cheekbones, high forehead and a long chin. Hairstyles with curl curves will shorten the face. Also hairstyles with bangs and add volume or fullness around the sides is pleasing for this face shape.
- Inverted Triangle Shapes are more of an upside down heart shape with a narrow chin and wide forehead. Soft hairstyles with a swoop bang on the side work best for this face shape.
- Diamond face Shapes has a pointy chin and chubby cheeks with a narrow forehead. Hairstyles with fullness above or below the cheek bones are more fitting and helps slim the cheeks for this face shape.
- Triangle face Shapes has a narrow forehead and a wide chin. Hairstyles with soft or partial bangs will compliment this face shape as well as hide and slim the forehead.
Now that you have learned a little bit about some of the face shapes and some of the hairstyles to go with them; what is your face shape?!?!
Have you ever wonder why your hair feels dry after you wash it? It might be because you’re using the wrong shampoo and conditioner or maybe you not using conditioner at all. Sometimes you might need more than just conditioner. There are products that stylist use called “Pre-Prep Products.” These products consist of hair spray, oil, mousse, etc…
What do “pre-prep” products do for your hair? Pre-prep products will help your hair keep its shine, protect it from heat, and also maintain its color (natural and chemical colored). There are all types of products for different types of hair texture. Make sure you read the labels to determine if that is the right product for your hair type.
Have you ever notice when you buy cheap shampoo and conditioner you have to use a lot? It’s runny, watery and doesn’t clean very well, and you use it up fast (faster than you would like). Don’t focus on the price of the product. Finding the right hair products is very important but shop around. Shopping around will help you find the right product at the right price!
So start investing your money on good hair products just like you do your shoes, handbags, and cars.
What’s up hair lovers?!! Everybody wants that long silky straight hair but can’t seem to get it. The reason why is because you have to take care of your hair. It’s not just about what you see on the outside. Did you know your hair is made up of 3 layers, which are the Cuticle, Cortex and Medulla.
The cuticle is what holds your hair color and shine. The cortex gives the hair the ability to stretch, and the medulla has no function, it’s an empty space in the hair (personally, I think it holds the body of the hair together).
Now, what you see on the outside is called the Hair Shaft. The shaft is made up of New Growth, Middle, and Ends of the hair.
Your new growth is the closest to your scalp (about a ½ inch from the scalp). The middle starts where the new growth ends to the beginning of the ends of the hair. The ends of the hair are the oldest part of your hair where your split ends appears.
So, in order to keep your pretty hair in great condition use GREAT PRODUCTS!!!!!!